Sunday, March 08, 2009

When it rains...

When it rains in Michigan it really rains. This makes sense given the fact that we're surrounded by lakes on all sides but one and if it gets cold enough it explains all the snow. Right? Correct. The only thing that's missing with all this rain? Character. Back home in Georgia when we start getting spring and summer showers there are the few that bring the rain but then the rest of the showers are thunderstorms. There is something to me that is comforting about hearing rain beat down on the rooftop and hearing the crack of lightening and the crash of thunder that comes with the storm. It adds character to the drenching wet that is coming down out of the sky. Now I'll take rain in Michigan over the snow any day (especially right now since it means spring is coming) but I'd like a little character every once in a while. I got super excited yesterday when I was driving home from church in the dark, rain pouring down, windshield wipers on high and I heard a faint little attempt at thunder. I immediately turned off my radio and waited for more. It didn't come but I'll listen for it next time. And maybe sometime soon we'll get a good thunderstorm in Michigan.

1 comment:

Dana in Georgia said...

Yup, I know exactly what you're talking about.... and now that Spring is just around the corner we are starting to have thunderstorms like that. Guess you'll just have to come for a visit and get a dose of GA rain :)