Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tonight while Dean has been at work I left my piles of laundry to fold and my checkbook balancing turned on the tv to the Big Band and Swing music channel and did something I've been dreading doing.

I sorted through Grandpa's old sheet music and stored it away.

I'm sure some people think this is silly but that music has been in the same place in the top of his keyboard since he passed away almost 7 years ago and I've let it like that especially in the last year that I've had possession of the piano. Now his music is safely stored away for me to still pull out and play but it's not going to be the constant reminder that it was everytime I even opened the piano let alone sat down and played.

Does everyone remember who Grandpa's favorite band was? I do. :-)

2 comments:

Dana in Georgia said...

Today would have been Grandpa's 82nd birthday :)

April 22nd.

Now tell me the name of his favorite band?

Glenn Miller?

Dana in Georgia said...

So? What's the answer?