Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Closet Storage Woes

So we have this closet in our hallway. It's a nice closet, I'm grateful to have it. BUT it's so empty of proper storage! The closet is 4ft wide x 2ft deep x about 8ft tall(to the ceiling). We currently have odd things like the vacuum, ironing board, tool boxes and Christmas ornaments stored in there but there is so much wasted storage space! Dean doesn't think there are beams behind the wall to affix anything to so I'm looking for any suggestions on freestanding storage units that anyone thinks might help. I'd like to be able to store things up high, down low and in between. I could fit in Christmas decorations, extra kitchen dishes that won't fit in the TINY kitchen, etc. The possibilities are endless. So, suggestions anyone? I'll take whatever I can get. I took a couple pictures and will try and post them soon so you can see what sort of a nightmare I'm dealing with here. :-)

Next apartment woe: how much I wish I had a china cabinet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! thanks for your comment on my blog. In NY I'm going for English-related because I want to get into children's publishing. I think I'll teach music on the side, though. I do have a suggestion for your closet problem. We had one like that years ago, and my father built shelves into the closet by putting 1x12in pine boards from floor to ceiling with pre-drilled posts for afixing smaller pieces of the same to them as shelves. It's not very difficult carpentry and it looks pretty nice, too. You can stain them before putting them in, etc. Hope that helps!