Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy....Sunday!

Hello all! I apologize for my (once again) LONG absence. It's been a little busy. Just wanted to say that yes, I am still alive. Working and singing lots and trying to plan a voice recital hopefully for later this spring. Today is Sunday so I'm at home relaxing and cleaning after church this morning and an SAI meeting that I hosted. It's my day to be home and just because I'm home and Dean is home does not mean we're doing some ridiculous to celebrate Valentine's Day. Yes, today is the Feast of St. Valentine who was a 3rd century martyr who was persecuted and killed for marrying Christians and, yes, today is the day that a multiple massacres have occurred possibly in the name of St. Valentine. So, no, I see no reason to celebrate the people that I love just today because I celebrate the people I love every day. You shouldn't need a designated day out of the year to make sure that you tell those you love that you love them.

1 comment:

Dana in Georgia said...

okay, but I love you ;-)

And just fyi - 22 years ago tonight I was watching Matlock on TV and timing contractions. Vivian was born at 12:57 am 2/15, not quite two hours after we got to the hospital.

30 years ago today, I was visiting Daddy in Winston Salem, NC, where we went out to dinner. I gave him a red alligator shirt and he gave me an engagement ring ;-)

We love....because HE first loved us!